Green Razorfish

Jason B

I went down to Islamorada for the weekend to do some fishing. On the way out i stopped on the back side of Crocker Reef to fill up the well with cigar minnows and blue runners. I ended up catching a Green Razorfish (wrasse) on the sabiki rig.

I cant find much info on this guy as it pertains to aquariums but he was a beautifull fish. From what i can find they eat shrimp and crabs, but im not sure if they are reef safe. If anyone knows how these guys do in captivitiy i would appreciate any info.

green+razorfish.jpg

Most wrasses won't bother coral, other than possibly knocking over some frags that aren't well secured. Being one of the smaller wrasses, I'd expect it make a fairly good tank inhabitant. Though, snails, crabs and shrimp will be on the menu.

Thanks bill. He is around 6" right now an from what I understand this one can get to 10-11". He would probably work better in a large fowlr tank.

Any idea how much these guys go for?

I don't think much looks like something I caught at hallover with a little bit less colors I took to lfs I believe they are called it a slippery d*#k no joke at strictly fish I got like 3bucksto worth credit

Hahaha. No I know the one you are talking about. It's very different than that kind. I catch them a lot too.

Maybe I shouldn't say I catch a lot of slippery d***s. Sounds a little weird.

Back