Green thread type algae

mrscheider

Okay. Time to ask for ID's please.
I have a large clump of Caulerpa Sertularioides growing in my refugium and lately, since it's been taking off, another algae which seems to have been intertwined with it has been making an appearance. It looks like long green threads all rolled into a ball. I can stretch it out and one little ball of it is in fact, just one long thin string. Just like a piece of green thread. I have looked at most of the Algae ID sites which show good pics of almost every algae but I can't find this one. I will try for a picture later today and post it here but off the top of heads, Anyone?
It grows very quickly and is definitly not hair algae. One piece measured about 9 inches long.

okay, I managed to get a really bad picture of the stuff. It looks like a blob of green stuff but it's actually just rolled into a ball.
You can plainly see the thread-like piece on the right leading away from the main ball and then another seperate "ball" of it in the background. They are both kind of floating due to the presence of air bubbles caught on them

Back