Grocery Seafood for Fish!!!

cobs00

Just a quick question.....

I bought a bag of seafood today which included calamari, octopus, shrimp, cooked clams and cooked mussels. I was hoping to blend the food together and feed my fish. Will fish eat this kind of thing if some of the items are "cooked"?

I'm sure they will eat it if some of the items are cooked.... I've always fed them raw seafood from the store though...

Also ...if you have any asian markets close by you might be able to save some money buying the stuff there.

You should be fine. If you have a walmart you can get a uncooked mixed seafood pack for around $3. Blend it up and freeze it and it will last for a long time.

I've never done it before. But I think I've read here that you should always use raw seafood, not cooked. I could be wrong, but I would do some more research before putting cooked seafood in your tank.

Raw is best, but cooked will be fine. I used to do this a while back when I had huge hungry fish. I would leave the mussels out though as they tend to have a high heavy metal content. Throw in some children's multivitamin (liquid), some some minced garlic, a bar of cyclopeeze, a few sheets of nori and blend it all together very fine. Then add some krill for the larger fish to find something bigger they recognize too. Freeze it in flat zip lock bags and you are good to go.

Food packaging

Food packaging

You can use the empty blister packs from your LFS store. Simply take a spoon and push it in then freeze it. Works great if your prefer cubes.

Back