group order before meeting

blennieluvr

Anyone need livestock or supplies that might benefit from a group buy before our meeting? I need test kits once and for all and a few other things. Not sure where would be the best place to order yet. Any ideas? I want a CUC crew too but should probably wait to be sure my tank is ready for them. Since I have no tests, I'm going by looks.

Also, Swanwillow and GoingPostal when do you think you'll be ready to buy rock? The gal who purchased my tank needs some too.

I have a killer place for ordering test kits. The lowest I have seen ever. It is here: Click Me

As far as livestock, I have seen MANY cheap places. But nothing compares to Liveaquaria. Click Me

If the meeting is on a Sunday, the cheapest day to receive your shipment is Friday. Sauturday's are expensive and not very accurate at times. I have also found that picking it up from the FedEx station can save your corals/fish from freezing to death. I just went through that with a company out of Florida, needless to say, I won't be ordering from them again. If ordered for a Friday delivery, you would have to acclimate people's livestock into your system to hold until the meeting. Just a heads up as I have been through this before. Group buys on livestock work best if people can come during the week and puck up their orders.

Do you plan to cover the bill and have everyone pay you back or do you want us to PayPal you the monies for our order?? I also went through this once before. The final total came out to $500+ and I couldn't cover it all, so I had to omit one guy's order, which ****ed him off. And he couldn't save on shipping after all.

Well, I will coordinate the order but would rather recieve payments first just to be safe.

What do people need? If only drygoods, we don't have to worry about it. If livestock? Can you pick up during the week or should we move the meeting to a Saturday?

Has anyone tried All Aguatic Pets in Elk River. Sounds like their rock is cheap and they have great prices on corals. They are open 10-8 every day.

Our list is getting longer.

1) New bulbs for our T5's since we have no idea how old these ones are.
2) New MJ1200 - ours is loud and may conk out soon
3) test kits
mag cleaner
4) CUC - mainly snails, an emerald and some kind of shrimp...maybe a cleaner
5) moon lights
6) food

I think we're going to need to prioritize though. I need some cash left for frags. My tank is looking better and better.

Blennie, why moon lights?? Are you attempting to spawn?? Seriously. Also, Home Depot may have a few extra mj1200's, dunno, but check with him.

For anyone else, I bought an extra 250w MH retro w/two bulbs. I still may use it, but if anybody is looking to offload something of theirs, I would be open to a trade. I was actually going to put it over my refugium. I still may.

Which brings me to another point. Does anybody have any Chaeto they can bring to meeting for me?? Saves me from ordering online. I can trade if you want.

I need this, I can PayPal you immediately:
1. Salifert - Alkalinity and Magnesium test kits

2. I have some other needs, but that requires specialty shops like The Filter Guys and a few others.

We just want to see what goes on in there after the lights go off.

Got your two kits down. Can paypal when I send in the order. I'll wait to see if anyone else jumps on first.

It is across from KFC in Elk River. Their website is nanoreefcoral.com. They just moved from Zimmerman on 12-29-07, where they had the business out of their house. The owners name is Scott Schaver. They have a coral sale on right now. He has metal halide bulbs too. I can not wait to go down there to set up my 75.

sorry, I am not getting more LR, I'll be getting eco-rox.
http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/Eco-RoX-(-Fiji-Rock-)/c7/index.html?osCsid=35dc1ef63605146a572070bdd36bc49e
theres a supplier down in the cities, or THE supplier, or something of the sort. AND, the price is half of what LR costs, BUT when its made wet and live it comes to about twice the weight.
IOW-you order 50 lbs of lr, thats 50 lbs LR. You buy 50 lbs of this stuff, you get around 100 lbs LR when its fully seeded and going.

I won't need a CUC for awhile, then I'll get one conch and a few smaller snails. I'll be more interested in other inverts though, and small fish.

I will have an extra mj1200 I can either sell to you or trade something. As far as moonlights go I just ordered mine from a place in hong kong really cheap and they are plug and play,well sort of you just have to have the 12v power supply. I can PM you the website or his ebay id.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11612316#post11612316 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by blennieluvr
Our list is getting longer.

1) New bulbs for our T5's since we have no idea how old these ones are.
2) New MJ1200 - ours is loud and may conk out soon
3) test kits
mag cleaner
4) CUC - mainly snails, an emerald and some kind of shrimp...maybe a cleaner
5) moon lights
6) food

I think we're going to need to prioritize though. I need some cash left for frags. My tank is looking better and better.

Jason wants a new MJ but I'll ask him. We got used last time and this one is sounding rough after only maybe 8 or 9 months. Still, a trade sounds good to me and cuts my wish list down a tad. ;)

As for moonlights. Sure, send the site & I'll check it out. F&S has different colors?! I always assumed they'd just be blue. It seems like blue would be the color of choice but does anyone have an opinion about that?

by blennieluvr
We got used last time and this one is sounding rough after only maybe 8 or 9 months.

Do you clean your regularly?? Vinegar bath?? I also pull out the ceramic (or metal) rod and clean that. It tends to collect calcium deposits. I scrape it with a knife.

James, what did you need from The Filter Guys? I haven't ordered my RO/DI unit yet. I could order it and get your stuff at the same time to save on shipping...

Dedex, I need some sediment filters.

They are seen HERE - I need 4 x $3.00 - NSF RATED 1 MICRON POLY SEDIMENT FILTER = $12.00

I'm going to test my water this weekend. I may want a DI add on after that. Although my tank seems to be doing OK with just the residential RO. We'll see after I test. I will try to do so by tomorrow.

I'll wait to hear from you blennieluvr, I'm not sure how long it takes them to ship, but I think that since they are in Duluth, I wouldn't think it would take more than a couple of days. I'll plan to order on Monday.

Back