Growing mangroves/cheato with leds?

livingseas

So I am going full led for my dt. I was thinking about picking up a decent size led grow light for the sump to grow cheato/mangroves.
anyone have experience with leds and these plants/algae?

Thanks Mike.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

I just put one in my sump two weeks ago. Using a old florescent light seams to be fine it sprouted three leaves and is growing roots.

I use LED spotlight 5000k from HD. Works so good. Cheato exploded compared to 6500k CFL and used the same clip on type fixture. All for about $35 and should last a lot longer. I've had it running 24/7 for a few months I really like it..

Thanks for the LED ideas. Finally an LED option I can afford! That will take up a lot less room than what I have on it now.

I use LED spotlight 5000k from HD. Works so good. Cheato exploded compared to 6500k CFL and used the same clip on type fixture. All for about $35 and should last a lot longer. I've had it running 24/7 for a few months I really like it..

I don't remember the EXACT one, but I got the 11w halogen replacement. Also for 32-35$. In the small drop light fixture. So far my cheato blew up. :)

I don't remember the EXACT one, but I got the 11w halogen replacement. Also for 32-35$. In the small drop light fixture. So far my cheato blew up. :)

Prob the same one. They were pretty limited on ones with the right kelvin so 5k was what I got. It works so well I have three friends w/fuges and within a month all converted LOL. I love it.

I bought the H D led light. Put it in Sunday. Seamed a little dark w/ only the led so I left one of the florescent lights on. I'll let u know how it works for me.

Back