GSP losing color. Please help

godzen

I've had this GSP in my tank for about two months (previous owner had it for 2 years). About a month ago, a small portion on the lower left starts to fade in color and became cream/slight pink when opened up. It has since extend to a larger patch as shown in the photo on the left. Is this an indication of water quality? My other corals such as duncan, acan, sps (acro, valida, cali blue tort, etc), frogspawn, hammer, all have thrive. Nitrate is always 5-10. nitrite 0. Alk 9.2, Ca 490, Mg 1500+. I do about 30% WC every 3 weeks. Any idea? I know nitrate is not the best but it's not too bad either...
DSC_0501.jpg

Numbers look kinda ok. Trates aren't the issue. Calcium is high, so is Magnesium. CA shouldn't be over 480 and MAg should be between 1200-1400. Also, what was the light the previous owner had it under, and are your lights stronger?

Numbers look kinda ok. Trates aren't the issue. Calcium is high, so is Magnesium. CA shouldn't be over 480 and MAg should be between 1200-1400. Also, what was the light the previous owner had it under, and are your lights stronger?

I forgot...there two tubes nearly above the faded portion of the GSP that doses calcium and Alk. This may be the culprit. Move the two tubes out of the way today so we'll see

Back