Gyre 200 vs 300 Specific Question for Those Who Have Used Both

ostrow

It's Dr. Goodluck Himself
Very specific question here for those who have run both Gyre 200s and 300s:

Is there any improvement in the 300s in terms of maintenance/"forgivability"?

I've run the 250s for years. I'm tiring of the overly delicate and flimsy parts (bushings, doors, shafts). I can't get more than 2mos before one stops running or gets insanely loud. Love em when clean and running but tiring of the hassle.

Has anyone here run both? Are the 300s ANY easier on this score?

Or is it not really an upgrade/change worth pondering?

I run the 250's and a newer 2k. If the 300's are similar, yeah it's a better design. I'm curious on the merit of upgrading as well.

The Icecap 2k and 4K are upgraded models designed like the 300 series, made under license from Maxspect. Just a comment on what I own.
Take a pill Nancy.

No need for snark, Internet or no.

I didn't know the Icecaps changed. I thought the originals were quite different design from the Maxspect.

You find the icecap to be easier to service? Or needs less frequent? Both?

Ok, friends again.
I had the 2k in a tank I took down. They are color coded and without to the external frame on the rear of my 250xl’s. Less parts, easier to put together correctly, and for a small pump, it moves a lot of water. I ended up adding it to my 115gal mixed.
The 4k looks like the 300 series, with dimensions somewhere in between the 330 and 350. At some point I’ll replace the 250’s, not yet sure with which.

Back