H&S Skimmer Club

It is under that..but I see turbulance on one side from where water meets the opposite wall of skimmer with about 700g/hr feed..remember this is a200 2x1260 model

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Also, make sure your 1260s are clean. Run them in vinegar every 2-3 months of operation.

Joe

Crazy that Fins Reef closed! I've been out of the game for years but when I left Brian was still hooking it up. Bummer. These are killer skimmers.

Great to see you back on the boards Jim S I did not think that Finns Reef is closed just not selling H&S and Maxspect Leds anymore.

Thanks moondoggy! I haven't been on since like 09 I think. Its good to see a lot of the same handles posting and running reefs still!

I was going off this quote I read a page back. Glad to hear they're still in business!

No, there still there. I guess when Fins Reef closed up they lost there US support and according to H&S. Thats it, Brian was basically it.

Cheers,

Jim

Thanks moondoggy! I haven't been on since like 09 I think. Its good to see a lot of the same handles posting and running reefs still!

I was going off this quote I read a page back. Glad to hear they're still in business!

Cheers,

Jim

I dont think there are in business. I have called them a dozen times sent several e-mails and was also told by H&S that they are no longer in business. So if somewhen gets ahold of them, lets hear about it because it seems to be a lost cause with them supporting anything they sold to me. If they are in business and just not selling H&S anymore....then let someone know.

I just picked up a used 200-3xF2001 and just now realized no one in the US sells them new anymore! Is there any place to get an Aquabee pump if I need one? Could you mod the skimmer to use two eheim 1260s?

If anyone is looking for Ehiem ones I have 5 for sale. 3 have good impellers while the other two have ones with a few broken pins. All of them include all the plumbing fittings.

I have a H&S A200-2-1260 external skimmer placed inside a 130 gallon sump. It was part of the package. Upon startup with 100% new water it shot foam within minutes of startup through the holes in the lid and running over the sides. Completely out of control! Prior to my purchase I had seen this up and running externally. Now inside of the sump I stared at it long enough to appreciate its simplicity in function. Immediately put my fingers over the air intakes and bubbles stopped, began tweeking those. Next the outlet/discharge was reduced from the metric piping to a 1-1/4” ID, dismantle, tear apart, removing the restrictions on the outlet lowered the water level in the chamber...reconfigure discharge to reduce backpressure and eliminate noise (including vibration dampening pads) and Bobs your uncle! The single largest factor (besides water quality) is the water level in the sump, mine runs sweet at approximately level with the venturi. 2” pvc or abs fittings fit over the outside diameter of the factory tee. A cap drilled with a ¼” hole in it then placed over the top of the tee, I seldom fuss with the wedge pipe, unless I want to wet skim, combine the drilled cap with a long radius 90 over the branch of the tee I’ve extended this below the water line…only here the pumps. One day a Eheim sounded as though it would grind to a halt and it did the pinwheel impeller broke into pieces. Replaced with one from reef dynamics.(thanks to all who post here as many a google search has led me to RC). All is well but I am fascinated with using the overflow return to eliminate a pump feeding the skimmer and may extend that further trying to capture as much energy as possible to an ATS…the free gravity feed is taunting me, asking to be tapped.

I have a H&S A200-2-1260 external skimmer placed inside a 130 gallon sump. It was part of the package. Upon startup with 100% new water it shot foam within minutes of startup through the holes in the lid and running over the sides. Completely out of control! Prior to my purchase I had seen this up and running externally. Now inside of the sump I stared at it long enough to appreciate its simplicity in function. Immediately put my fingers over the air intakes and bubbles stopped, began tweeking those. Next the outlet/discharge was reduced from the metric piping to a 1-1/4" ID, dismantle, tear apart, removing the restrictions on the outlet lowered the water level in the chamber...reconfigure discharge to reduce backpressure and eliminate noise (including vibration dampening pads) and Bobs your uncle! The single largest factor (besides water quality) is the water level in the sump, mine runs sweet at approximately level with the venturi. 2" pvc or abs fittings fit over the outside diameter of the factory tee. A cap drilled with a ¼" hole in it then placed over the top of the tee, I seldom fuss with the wedge pipe, unless I want to wet skim, combine the drilled cap with a long radius 90 over the branch of the tee I've extended this below the water line"¦only here the pumps. One day a Eheim sounded as though it would grind to a halt and it did the pinwheel impeller broke into pieces. Replaced with one from reef dynamics.(thanks to all who post here as many a google search has led me to RC). All is well but I am fascinated with using the overflow return to eliminate a pump feeding the skimmer and may extend that further trying to capture as much energy as possible to an ATS"¦the free gravity feed is taunting me, asking to be tapped.

I have 2 eheim pumps with venturi and everything...unfortunately we were finishing basement and one piece of heavy wood fell on skimmer breaking it's body :( . I managed to tune that some days back to get me thick skimmate and unfortunatelt that is gone now...I have to buy new skimmer...so if anyone needs these pumps..let me know...

Pumps are about 2 years old...brand new impellers installed 5 months back. Worked perfect till last night when skimmer body broke...

I am asking 200 plus shipping for both pumps...I paid 150 each for impellers itself...

If anyone wants skimmer body as well. The inlet connection is what is broken from skimmer body...not whole skimmer body...I may post some pics

pics would be great including some of impellers . You did not mention a model of skimmer. Are the pumps for external or in sump only skimmer?

Will post some later today..it is a 200 , 2 x 1260 eheim skimmer..rated for upto 700 gallon

My H&S A150 Skimmer has started to slowly leek water where the impeller cover secures to the body of the pump.

I noticed there is a tiny o-ring does anyone know if this can be replaced or have any tricks?? I was thinking a small 1 layer piece of teflon tape?? or some silone?

There is this extensive article i found on cleaning the aqubee pump

The part I am referring to is in the below photo

http://www.theaquariumsolution.us/maintaining-mc-and-ap-skimmers-aquabee-pump

suction_grommet.jpg

Back