Haddoni don't want to eat

Kaman8

I am not sure why it don't want to eat. It is healthy , not deflated , mouth not open, when I tough it with the stick it is sticky . I give it some raw shrimp , but after 5 min it just let go.

mnchartier

Premium Member
How long has it been in your tank? It may still be adjusting to its new environment. If its new to the tank I would not try to feed it for a few weeks, let it settle in first

Kaman8

How long has it been in your tank? It may still be adjusting to its new environment. If its new to the tank I would not try to feed it for a few weeks, let it settle in first

It is in the tank a month now and it is hosting my pair Clownfishes.

cyclenut

Are the clowns feeding it? One of my clowns feeds my mag so I rarely feed it. It might just be full.

Kaman8

Photo? Has it moved, deflated at night, anything unusual? Water tested?

Not moved, still at the same place. Not deflated at night, nothing unusual and nothing has change in the tank.

Weekly wc 15%

Ammonia 0
Nitrate 4
Phosphate 0
Ph 8
Calcium 470
Kh 8
Magnesium 1320

Will post pic later this day

Daniel62

As strange as this may sound, he/she may not like the shrimp or doesn't recognize it as food maybe. 1 of my haddoni also does not like shrimp, all my other haddoni will eat it, but this one always just lets it float away. he does like clams/mussel though. go figure:) mostly though I feed krill, brine nutraova etc.. I fing that my nems seem to do better with smaller foods.

Kaman8

As strange as this may sound, he/she may not like the shrimp or doesn't recognize it as food maybe. 1 of my haddoni also does not like shrimp, all my other haddoni will eat it, but this one always just lets it float away. he does like clams/mussel though. go figure:) mostly though I feed krill, brine nutraova etc.. I fing that my nems seem to do better with smaller foods.

I didn't give it a whole shrimp, I have cut it in small piece. Maybe I should try other foods, like you said "maybe it doesn't like shrimp .

OrionN

Moved on
I would try to feed him food every 3 days or so. Rotate food until you get the one he like. Feed small pieces only until he eats well.

Kaman8

I would try to feed him food every 3 days or so. Rotate food until you get the one he like. Feed small pieces only until he eats well.

So that mean that it don't like some food? I thought that it will eat everything.

OrionN

Moved on
When they feed well, they eat anything but when thay are getting well, they may be picky in what they eat.

Kaman8

When they feed well, they eat anything but when thay are getting well, they may be picky in what they eat.

Ok I go to the grocery store tomorrow and buy a pack of mix seafood and see what it like to eat. This carpet is even more picky then my son :fun5:

Today I noticed that it start walking very slowly . It has moved around 2 inches.

M Woodhill

Ok I go to the grocery store tomorrow and buy a pack of mix seafood and see what it like to eat. This carpet is even more picky then my son :fun5:

Today I noticed that it start walking very slowly . It has moved around 2 inches.

Is it sticky? Or it just can't catch the food?

Reefahholic

I wouldn't worry too much if it's not deflated or mouth not open. The couple that I've had are kinda picky eaters too until they adjust in your tank well. Then when they get used to you feeding them, they will eat anything that touches them. Mine ate a huge scooter blenny I had. He was my favorite. Trained like a dog. RIP....

Kaman8

I wouldn't worry too much if it's not deflated or mouth not open. The couple that I've had are kinda picky eaters too until they adjust in your tank well. Then when they get used to you feeding them, they will eat anything that touches them. Mine ate a huge scooter blenny I had. He was my favorite. Trained like a dog. RIP....

Sorry for your loss

Kaman8

Is this normal? Actually I am not sure if it is like when I bought it, don't remember .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 0