Hair Algae question....

scram2

In Memoriam
What is the best way to get rid of hair algae? i have a nano tank or else i would try a tang but i cant/shouldnt put one in my tank, so what would you suggest I do? It seems to only grow on or around frags and it really bothers me i would rather it grow on my rocks and not on/around my corals!!!! thanks for any feedback
-sam

that happend to one of my frags and it was stressing it out alot sp i took the frag off the plug and put it on the new one

yeah i was thinking about that but i have too many frags to do that to all of them and they are glued where i want them and dont want to replace them....and there is even hair algae on my green monti cap on the sides where it is a live so i dont know what i should do to rid my tank of this annoying algae!!

Solana, Flow= stock pump 350g-400g p/h and a K-1 and a K-2 so lots of flow because of sps....feeding once a day a good amount. 5 fish total... skimmer wich is pulls good and i do 5g water changes every 5-7days im using Instant Ocean.

well in a nano tank i wouldnt recommend a sea hare. I had one and luckily i noticed my skimate was black and saw that the thing was dead. A nano tank would be DONE from all the toxins if that thing wasnt caught. The crab ive had before and it didnt bother any corals that i know of, but ive heard that they eat sps? and a Urchin would knock down everything in its way like AJ said. For something that ONLY eats algaes its not good in a nano cause you cant produce that amount of algae needed for him to live longer than the time it takes him to eat all the algae. Is there anything else like a certain snail or hermit that eats hair algae and also eats food, other algaes, detritus w.e something that it can still live after killing the hair algae.

Does anyone else have any input anything is helpful right now! Maybe even medication or something good to dose.... thanks
-sam

Back