Half-black angel not eating

Sambooty

So I just picked up a half-black angel 2 days ago and added him to my 10g sump for the time being. the 10g has several pieces of base rock in it for hiding places.

He hasn't eaten anything yet from what i've put in the tank. I've tried small spectrum pellets, formula flake food, frozen mysis, and chunk of dried green algae, even tried some garlic on some of the foods. Any Advice?

Also could he maybe be picking off copepods off the base rock?

Hope it pulls through

Sometimes it can take a few days...I'd try live brine or stick with the mysis. Frozen Cyclopeeze is also hard to resist

Also could he maybe be picking off copepods off the base rock?

Do you see him picking at the rock? He is likely eating something, however little it may be.

yeah I kinda have seen him pick at rocks so hopefully he's getting something. Are copepods part of a pygmy angels diet?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12213874#post12213874 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Sambooty
yeah I kinda have seen him pick at rocks so hopefully he's getting something. Are copepods part of a pygmy angels diet?
They are always picking at rocks - and they do eat pods, but I don't think pods are the primary goal of the grazing, I think they going after things like microalgae, diatoms and sponges

Back