Hammer Coral Fail

HUNGRYOVEN

So this is my first tank so I'm new to the hobby. The tank has been up for over 4 months however I only began adding livestock a week ago. I use tap water with conditioner, not RODI. My recently added 2 Coral into my tank, an acan and a branching Hammer Coral. It's been over a week and my acan is looking great. Can't say the same for my hammer. A few days ago it began closing up and releasing a brownish liquid. (First pic). I looked on some forums and they said it was just excreting waste so I didn't worry about it... until it began excreting it's mouth. The whole mouth was showing and some polyps we're stripping off the steleton. I panicked and did a water change. I didn't dose anything so I don't know if that's the problem or not because the acan looked healthy. I bought some kalk but it has not arrived yet. After a few days, the hammer just stripping most of it's polyps off and the ones that styed on became brown and white sludge. That's how it is now. (Second pic) I know the coral has a small chance of surviving or getting revived, so I would like advice about my next Corals so that this does not happen again and about what mistakes I made. Please help. Thanks
c9a3210c5a3c56bef16e4842314d460c.jpg
ee4a45834e4c1cd7dd9477d5ba3da760.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back