Hammer Coral

Demonic

Premium Member
I bought a hammer coral about a week ago from the lfs. It hasnt opened up once. All my readings are good. Everything else is thriving. When I bought it from the store it looked great. Is it dead or is there anything to do to save it...

JBJ 4 X 65 PC's, do you really need MH lighting for this coral. And if so is it too late or will it come out when I have the lighting....

No, you don't need MH lighting. Your lighting is just fine for a Hammer. What kind of flow is it in? That'd be my guess. They don't like a lot of flow.

Hammer dont like the water to high.I had problems with mine when I got abouve 80.Once I put a chiller on the tank a week later he opened up.My water stays between 77.6-78.

You said your readings are good but what are they? Hammers can often be the first in your tank to let you know there is a problem.

I have a torch that shrunk up for three weeks once, still shrinks once in a while. I'd say if you're sure your param's are up to par, leave it alone for a while.

All my parameters are good....I did a 20% water change just in case. My temp stays 80-81. Could that be the issue?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10433355#post10433355 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Demonic
All my parameters are good....I did a 20% water change just in case. My temp stays 80-81. Could that be the issue?

How about you tell us what the parameters are. The temp is fine.

Temp is fine. My hammer has 60 heads from the original 5 after a few years. Mine does not seem to like a lot of flow.

Back