Hammer heads died

gareth.hubbarde

My large hammer has just lost 3 heads and I can't explain why. The remaining heads all seem OK as do the other corals in the tank. The only difference has been the addition of a new wavemaker to replace a broken pump. The new wavemaker creates a nice rocking motion on the hammers with the waves, this is new as the old pumps were a continuous pump with no waves. Other than that there is no difference. Should I take it out and "cut" the dead heads off? Or leave it? Thanks
Oh one other thing I have changed is the daily addition of 10mls of red sea ab+ this has only been for 4 days so far.
c1ef77c5f074b180af6b2f6b85e5d9de.jpg
75a68c1d7b00ebd0b97cc5415431481f.jpg
3864f3295f20dad627da0d7fc8d34a66.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Definitely leave them, even for 3-5 months. And if you can track down any 'popped heads,' put them in a shallow glass dish that won't let them blow away under the rockwork, and put them in good light: they can actually start growing new skeleton, just as tissue left behind in the old skeletons can grow new heads, given good conditions. Hew as close to the parameters in my sig line, steady on, and you stand a chance. It also works for maze brain, frog, and torch.

Back