Hanna Meters

griss

RC Mod
Staff member
RC Mod
So, the instructions say to put tank water without reagent in first to get a base reading - check

Then put the pouch of reagent in - check

The swirl gently until ALL the powder is dissolved. Anyone else have trouble with this? Seems I can swirl gently for hours (okay, maybe a slight exaggeration ) and there’s still significant undissolved powder in the bottom. If I shake the heck out of the vial, I can get it all to dissolve but then I have to wait for the bubbles I’ve created to dissipate before testing.

On the hanna website it says "till the powder is mostly dissolved", I use a timer, 1min 30sec from the time I add the powder, I think it is important to be consistent, I only use the ULR phosphorus one.

On the hanna website it says "till the powder is mostly dissolved", I use a timer, 1min 30sec from the time I add the powder, I think it is important to be consistent, I only use the ULR phosphorus one.
Maybe that’s the difference. I have a pretty old PO4 meter but new powder. I still have the original instructions.

Maybe that’s the difference. I have a pretty old PO4 meter but new powder. I still have the original instructions.
I’d have to check but my instructions say shake gently for 1min and then hold down button to initialize a 3min countdown to allow settling.

I do mine pretty much like Genetics mentioned, and it does dissolve pretty well, even if not 100%. (After adding powder, gently tumble back and forth for about a minute before holding the button to start the 3 minute timer.) Keep tumbling til it it hits about 30-45 sec. left, then I just place in the tester until the end.

While I don't use a Hanna (Milwaukee) I also shake like crazy the powder before it goes in the chamber.
Just make sure there are no bubbles left over.

Back