Happy 10 Year Birthday to my Clown fish.

David MC Lee

10 Years ago today I came home from Inland with a mated pair of ocellaris Clown fish. The Female jumped out of the tank about 3 years ago and last summer I took the male back to inland and paired him up with a juvenile. With in a month or so my male had changed sex into a female and laid eggs.

I lost a maroon in a tank I care for this year- it was 14. Great job Dave- yours will make it to 25 I would bet. I have some tetras that I bought back in 1992- and other than some cataracts they are still doing well.

That is great. They become like a family member and each have their own personality.
I hope my fish live as long. A testiment to good reef keeping

Awesome David! :thumbsup:

Dan Theisen, a CIMA member from the past now out of the hobby, had a Tomato Clown (named Cookie) that was 20 years old (or within a year or two). He really hated that fish because it was so mean he had to give it a private aquarium and his children would not let him sell it or trade it LOL

I now have my clown fish back at home after spending the last 14 months at Inland. They are going to hang out in my rock tank until I can get the main tank going.

ah. i figured you would setup a small tank in the meantime. didn't know you were completely dried.

let me know when your ready to restock. the finger leather and frogspawn i got from you 5-6 years ago are growing outta control. i would be glad to give some back. lol

ah. i figured you would setup a small tank in the meantime. didn't know you were completely dried.

let me know when your ready to restock. the finger leather and frogspawn i got from you 5-6 years ago are growing outta control. i would be glad to give some back. lol

The only think I kept was the rock and it has been in the dark for over a year. I have it in a 150G tub. I also when I picked up the clowns I also got my frogspawn back it is my only coral. I won't add anymore fish or coral until the tank is going. I have just been working on getting the rock in good shape.

David: are you in Springfield now? I remember bringing my kids to Philo when you were there and we were awestruck by your tank -- which at that time had clownfish eggs you were trying to give to someone who could care for them. I assume those came from this clownfish (in his male incarnation)?

David: are you in Springfield now? I remember bringing my kids to Philo when you were there and we were awestruck by your tank -- which at that time had clownfish eggs you were trying to give to someone who could care for them. I assume those came from this clownfish (in his male incarnation)?

Yep same fish. I'm just a little south of springfield east. I'm working on getting a second stock tank going today. Going to swap the rock into it with a larger pump and hook up a skimmer. Yesterday I got the tank sitting upright so I will be able to get it moved into the house in the future.

15 Years old and still doing great. All last fall they were spawning every other week. Now they have taken a winter break.

David

My Percula pair is about 7 year old. They don't come too far out from their corner. it's almost like they imprison themselves.

Back