Happy Father's Day? Maybe next year. Tank leak!

Capt_Cully

Caught it early on, but doesn't make it better. Still assessing electronics damage. May have fried my apex and Vortechs. Still cleaning. Standard Aqueon 120. Back bottom seal gave way best I can tell. Water pouring out all over the place.

Fish and most corals in a Brute 44.

Big props to ABC Reefs for sending a man back to the store to house some of my corals.

Do I go on?????

I will reflect on this over the next few days for sure. Perhaps it is time :sad1:

I've had my clowns for 12 years and they are at least 14. My purple tang, same deal. I'm most attached to them. Todds torch from a single head to over 20 (for the second time). But 2 jobs. 2 kids.....killin me.

So sorry friend. That is one hell of a punch to the stomach. Take your time deciding. Give yourself some time. I was out for 3 years and it was tough for me. I hope you stay in.

Rochester lmk if I can do anything. I have an almost empty 93 gallon. I know it's not a easy decision. I took a break and am coming back stronger

Appreciate the sentiment. I've had a few breaks, the longest was a year when we moved. But I was in the building phase and my fish were kept alive at ABC Reefs. So even though I was out, I was still in. Looking at all of your fish and corals in a Rubbermade bin gives you some perspective. Especially with the giant leaky box behind it. This is a decision I need to make with my head and not my heart. 12-13 years in the hobby. THOUSANDS of dollars. Thousands of hours. Just don't know anymore.

If I could keep my clowns and my purple tang alive and well in my shirt pocket I would carry them with me daily. Not fair to them really. Securing a home for them to live out their days is my top priority. Be it with me, or elsewhere....

Decisions, decisions....

Must have been the weekend for tank leaks man, my 65k freshwater did the same thing. Deciding if I want to keep the fish that are now in a tote, good luck man.

Just remember that if you do there are plenty of people here to help you along your journey

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Cully-

I am in Cuse and I have a 180 and 93 both reefs. Also have a 40 QT tank and a 45 rimless we could setup in a pinch. Let me know if you need anything!

The absolute worst news. I remember losing all of mine overnight while they were in a brute tub. So sorry bud. If there is anything I can do let me know.

Dude , that sucks. Condolences sent. Friend had his 180 wiped out by air conditioning service technicians. I had to put my bird dogs down 3 weeks apart. It doesn't get easier. Double digits is a great run for fish. I cried like a baby when my oldest dog went at 16.

Back