Harlequin Tusk

gsiegel

I have a mixed reef and know I am risking the inverts but am going to add a HT (have had one in a fish only system and has always been my favorite fish).

My LFS has a nice one that is eating but I know they can be a bit shy when introducing to an aquarium.

DD has one that is $70 more and is eating well per the description and comes with the 14 day guarantee.

Do you opt to spend the extra money for the guarantee OR are they hardy where you would get the one from the LFS?

"A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush."

If you see the one at your LFS eat, and it appears healthy, that's the one you want. You really do not know about the one from DD - it may have eaten once but never ate again, or may never eat after enduring shipping stress.

To me, it's a no brainer.

I can count one hand the number of fish I've bought online in the last 25 years. Heck - I don't even need any fingers to do it. Although there is nothing at all wrong with online purchases, I prefer to look at the fish with my own two eyes.

The number is 0.

If you see the one at the LFS eat and appears disease fee and is behaving normally then get that one. This is coming from someone who buys fish online all the time.

Back