Has anybody had success pairing gobiodon histrio?

ginpang

The first time I tried this over a decade ago ,
I had;

2 x g.okinawae who paired in about 25 days
2 x g. Ceramensis ( all black) who paired in 6 weeks
2 x g. Citrinus who paired in 5 weeks

2 x g.histrio who never paired in over 3 years

The first time around I thought perhaps they didn't recognize each other as the same species since they were two different colour variety , one was the regular form and the other was the other colour variety sometimes referred as erythrospillus ( ? Beansch atlas ) which is the polka dot version.

I decided to try again . I got 2 g. Histrio (identical this time) and 2 g. Okinawae ... The g. Okinawae are recent additions so I' ll give some slack not hanging out together yet but the g. Histrio said have been in the same tank for a year now and they still hate each other.

These fish are both protogenous and protandrous hermaphrodites and I had read that they could morph more than once .

With the problem I'm facing now again I'm starting to seriously doubt that they can change a second time.

I know there are no confirmed captive bred reports of these.

That's why I'm calling out to all that might've had experience with these .

Thank you all info is greatly appreciated!

Ok so almost 2 years later....

G. Okinawa paired 14 months ago. ( haven't seen egg clutches yet though)

G. Histrio chased each other. The smaller one came Down with ich and jumped out during TTM about 8 months ago.

Starting over with existing Green clown goby +3 new ones.

2 simultaneously added to a 40g and one added to another tank which the resident pair of Okinawas and the old g.histrio from the first pairing attempt.

I'm throwing that question again out there....

Has anyone successfully matched green clown goby here and live to tell about it !?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back