Has anyone ever tried this skimmer??

I have never ran a BM skimmer so I can't say but they seem to get decent reviews. but if you said you can wait to save up I deff would also. IMO those 3 skimmers are lower quality. for now you should be able to get by with water changes with your small fish load.

I'm getting desperate cause I've done a water change and I see no change in my water quality. I think I'm just going to charge it and buy the bubble mag. Thanks guys for all the input. I'll let you know how it works out.

Good luck. And yes, please review it. I am in the market for a new skimmer as well. $$$$ is always an issue.

Flow as in powerheads? Right now, I've got 3 powerheads. 2 Hydor 1150s and 1 little generic one to disturb the water.

I'd go bubble magus I have a nac5.5 and curve 7 and they pull a lot of nasty smelly black sludge and I run a ULNS sps tank and mixed reef

Has anyone ever tried this skimmer??

nymagury.jpg
2y7enynu.jpg
5esasyna.jpg

If you want to save up a little longer just find a cheap used mechanical filter for like 10bux and put in a filter cartridge. I have seen up to 40g tanks run successfully for years with nothing but a mech filter and a HUGE ball of Chaeto.

Whileyour setup is bigger at least a mech filter will pull out partiuclates and the carbon can help clean things up. Heck you might be able to find a local reefer who would let you borrow one, check with your local reef groups.

Back