Has anyone ever tried...

createyourown

coral Calcium, like the ones you would get at the health food store.

Here are some of the things found in it.

Boron, amino acid chelate 1.5 mg 0%
Calcium (as coral calcium) 600 mg 0%
Magnesium (as citrate/oxide) 300 mg 0%
Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) 30 mg 0%
Vitamin D (as ergocalciferol) 200 IU 0%
Vitamin K, phytonadione 40 mcg 0%

Good or bad things to go in the tank?

The form the calcium is in is probably calcium carbonate, which will not dissolve and serve any benefit at the pH normally found in a reef system. There may be other contaminates not listed which may not be harmful to humans but could cause problems for reef critters.

You would be adding a lot of vitamins and amino acids into your system from the description given. This could cause bacterial blooms for one thing. Boron is normally already high in salt mixes. The form that the magnesium is in I am not familiar with and may increase your mag levels.

Personally, I do not see any benefit from adding these items to your system and only possible negative results. If you want to play around with vitamins and amino acids, I would only use one at a time and see what results you get.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15497298#post15497298 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by HighlandReefer
You would be adding a lot of vitamins and amino acids into your system from the description given. This could cause bacterial blooms for one thing. Boron is normally already high in salt mixes. The form that the magnesium is in I am not familiar with and may increase your mag levels.

Personally, I do not see any benefit from adding these items to your system and only possible negative results. If you want to play around with vitamins and amino acids, I would only use one at a time and see what results you get.

cool thanks of the info

Back