Has anyone kept a majestic angel with lions?

Lion-o

I tried searching for this but am not having much luck.

I would like to keep a majestic/blue girdled angel (Pomacanthus navarchus) with some larger lionfish (volitans, russelli, radiata).

I know that the really large angels might pick at a lion, and while the navarchus is pretty large I've also read it is one of the more docile picks. If no one has any experience, I'll probably shy away from this... but I'm hoping otherwise :)

thanks,
danny

I'm not sure, as I've never tried it, however, I do think the best bet would be to establish the lions first, which I know would push it back some since you're like us and like to grow your lions up.

Even though navarchus is very mild-tempered, I wouldn't keep it with a lion. The reason is because this angel is just as curious as other more aggressive angels once established, and he will still likely harass the lion.

Even though navarchus is very mild-tempered, I wouldn't keep it with a lion. The reason is because this angel is just as curious as other more aggressive angels once established, and he will still likely harass the lion.

I'd definitely defer to someone with angel experience on this subject. I've only kept a couple of angelfish species in the past, but never with a lionfish. If you do try it, you'll definitely want a Plan B if there are issues.

BTW, I was referring to making sure that the lionfish is established and in residence first, not necessarily the age of the fishes in question.

Back