Heating Suggestions

Tspors58

Tank is 210g w/ 30g sump.
Fish & rock only.
15 year established tank. Been running 1 500w HMX-500 Finnex.
Did a great job for last 6 years holding at 76 but think it is starting to go.
Water temperature has been about 73 as of late and I think it's time to upgrade.
Ambient temp is 70.
Just looking for some reliable suggestions.
Thanks in advance.

EHEIM Jager heater ---safety is a big concern where you are inserting electricity into a glass box of water. A malfunctioning heater is a fire hazard not just to the tank but to your house. Get the best.

EHEIM Jager heater ---safety is a big concern where you are inserting electricity into a glass box of water. A malfunctioning heater is a fire hazard not just to the tank but to your house. Get the best.

I second Jager. I had a green one from the 90s that still worked before giving it away a few years ago. I don't see any mention of a backup heater or other fail safe so I would look into that too.

If you need a 500w then I would go with (2) 300w heaters. If one should die or stick on, you would and a larger margin of safety before your tanks cools to far, or overheats.
EHEIM (Ebo) Jager is hard to beat.

Ranco and a heater. No heater can be trusted.
Or look at a reef Controller like the Hydros Control 2 instead of a Ranco.
Use the heaters thermostat and set the controller slightly higher this way the heater is always powered. If the heater thermostat fails the controller will shut it off. Also used two heaters at half of what you would need. You need 500 watts use two 250 watters.
Double the pleasure and double the safety.

At a minimum use two heaters.

Back