Helios Metal Halides

Ludwigia73

Reef Reef Reef Reef Reef
Premium Member
Here's a question for you lighting gurus...

Doing a little research on Helios... are they a subsidiary of Commodity axis? I'm hearing alot of people recommending the 20k's, (or more accurately 20,000k) but now I see they're Commodity Axis. If so, they just lost any and all future use with me. I had some major problems with something from them, and will never use them again. I just want to make sure I'm correct in that. Can anyone shed any light on that? If so, I'll be going Radiums if I do it.

It's on commodityaxis' website, so I imagine that it is indeed theirs. I see lots of terrible reviews of their ballasts and fixtures, but not their bulbs. I would do some searching in the lighting/equipment forum for more info on that Chris.

Why weren't you at the swap, slacker? :p

I dunno man, those bulbs are so insane on keith's tank that I'm still blown away by them. They're that good. Definitely much nicer than my Radiums, I'm depressed to say....

Can't go wrong with radiums though either.

Slacker? I was finishing my 60 hour work week. Seems like at least half the time the club does something cool it's on a Saturday. Anyway, I was tired as heck from all the remodeling.

I'm leaning towards the radiums now, they seem to have a great following as well.

I would HIGHLY recommend the 250 watt 20k helios...I'll NEVER EVER EVER change to another bulb, (except radium's...LOL)

Back