help choosing a uv sterilizer ?

quikcoupe

I have a 180 gal. with a 37gal. sump I bought a coralife turbo twist that stopped working after about two months any suggestions?

I think you'll find most people here don't use UV's, kills too much "good stuff" in reefs.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9831707#post9831707 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by gig
I think you'll find most people here don't use UV's, kills too much "good stuff" in reefs.

disagree...

I would go with a better unit. For a 180 I recommend the 57w AquaUV.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9832642#post9832642 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Aquaticman74
disagree...

I would go with a better unit. For a 180 I recommend the 57w AquaUV.

Another vote for the Aqua UV. Also, it is designed for high flow, so you can plumb it between your return pump and your tank.

I like the Turbo Twists, but the Aqua UV's are pretty darn good, I always like UV's on a reef & FOWLR's, just that extra sense of security and filtration, I guess.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9834947#post9834947 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by sirjohn
Another vote for the Aqua UV. Also, it is designed for high flow, so you can plumb it between your return pump and your tank.

This is what I did. I love keeping things efficent like that.

IMG_2482.jpg

IMG_2483.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9837553#post9837553 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by quikcoupe
yes but don't have the receipt.

Hummm... The store I buy from here in town all know me so the receipt wouldn't be an issue. I would try and contact Coralife and see if they can help you.

If it is just the lamp then you can find one of thoes cheaper than a whole new unit. They are about $40.
http://www.petsolutions.com/Turbo+Twist+Sterilizer-I-96377070-I-C-47-C-.aspx

In the end if you are hellbent on just getting a new unit because of you bad exp. or just don't want to deal with warranty issues thats understandable. But I'm just making the assumption that like most of the users here you don't have an ulimited budget.

Back