HELP: Firmware Updating Problem

zibba

I'm trying to update the firmware on my AC jr so that I can run the Aquasurf. For some reason, it doesn't seem to be responding to the update.

I get to #7 on the readme file:
"On your PC the cmd shell type "jrupdate aquajrser.enc -COM1" without quotations. You should see a p[xxx] displayed on the second line of the LCD display if the update is working..."

I'm getting the "loader" screen, but not the p[xxx] on the second line even though the transfer seems to be going through on the computer cmd screen. I need to know how to proceed.

What kind of COM hardware are you using and are you sure your ACJr is using Com1?

First I used the Serial Cable from Neptune on a Dell which listed the port as COM1 - that failed to transfer.

Second I used a USB-Serial Port- Serial Cable on a Gateway which lists the port as COM4 - that failed.

In both cases, I made sure to enter the correct COM port #, and never saw the "p[xxx]" on the second line of the LCD. Only saw "loader" - which says there until I power cycle the AC jr to revert it back.

Out of curiosity; have you tried using a terminal program and connecting to the com port? You should be able to send commands using a terminal emulator and verify that the connection is working. There are some commands you can sent the ACJr in the back of the manual to verify the connection is working. If that works then the program should work.

To be honest, I have no idea what that means. I'll google terminal programs and terminal emulator and see what comes up. Any further advise would be great.

Ok, so here's what I've done so far. I downloaded "putty" and ran it. Selected "Serial" - entered COM4 (default for the AC jr on the Gateway). This brought up a terminal. I entered "1" and now it says: "Aquacontroller>1". Hit enter and nothing comes up.

How should I proceed?

That confirms that COM4 is the ACJr and is working. You should be able to follow the directions to update the Jr Firmware and use COM4.

If that doesn't work you may need to contact Neptune, or maybe another Jr owner will chime in (I don't own a Jr so I can't go much further).

I "should" is key...unfortunately, I'm not able to. I really appreciate you taking your time to help me out. Hopefully someone else knows what's going on.

On a side note, Aquanotes does't work either. Even after chaning the serial port to 4, I still get "Aquacontroller not responding"

Do you have the correct serial number in Aquanotes? I know for Ethernet connected the SN must be correct and I suspect the same is true for serial connected AC Jr.

Back