Help ID new frag please...

jwar

I just got a new frag from the LFS this last week and I can't remember what it was called. Can anyone assist?
green_frag_1024.jpg

Thanks for the feedback folks. I have looked at a few pictures of Hydnophora and it looks like you have identified it correctly. I appreciate the help.

Charlie, any advice on caring for this type of coral?

jwar

I have the branching type of the hydnophora and I do nothing special as far as feeding is concerned. I have it under and 8x54 watt t5s and in grows like crazy.

Thanks
Chris

Thanks Chris! After looking at some of the pictures available online I am very pleased to have one. I hope it is the branching type, judging from the frags I saw, I think it is.

Be sure to keep it away from other corals until you can observe it for a while.

Hydnophoras can be very aggressive & send out tentacles to attack nearby corals.

I have a very large one & it appears to not be aggressive but watch it for a while.

Stu

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14765370#post14765370 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by stugray
Be sure to keep it away from other corals until you can observe it for a while.

Hydnophoras can be very aggressive & send out tentacles to attack nearby corals.

I have a very large one & it appears to not be aggressive but watch it for a while.

Stu

+1 smae experience here. Mine seems pretty tame as long as nothing is right up against it. I had a green birds nest fall on it once, the hydno won. :eek: What you have is most definitely the branching variety. IME they are pretty hardy and require no special attention.

Good luck

Back