Help ID'ing Encrusting Coral

Lukeewh

Hey all, I posted this in the general board but didnt get any response, so I figured I would try you all. I was at the LFS today and picked up a $10 frag of some sort of encrusting coral.

If someone could take a shot at the genus, so I could pick out care requirements that would be awesome. I have a spot picked out with high light and waterflow, so I think it should be ok either way when I get it acclimated, but I just want to be sure :)

I feel like it might be a montipora of some sort, but Im not really all that good with them, and the guy at the store who knew wasn't in >.<

I apologize for the image quality, as the pictures were taken with my cell phone. I tried to adjust color away from the actinic lights, so you could see more of the reds but It didn't do much. The frag was a salmon/ Light pink color and didn't change much in the 4 hour drive home, and is still the same now in the tank.

165867encrustingcoral.jpg

Thanks!!

-Luke

Well with the pic, it looks like monti but i can also look like a echino. If you have a better pic, then i can tell you.

Here is a second angle if that helps at all, still with my cell phone. I will try to track down a digital camera with some sort of macro if this is still too poor.

165867sps2.jpg

Thanks!

-Luke

Back