Help Keep my chromis alive!

TheAviator

So I'm in texas. Unfortunately my house was one of the first to lose power. Overnight my tank dropped to 50 degrees. I fortunately only have one chromis and he's a tough little guy but I knew I couldn't keep him long in that temperature. I was able to rig a tiny generator up. Enough to run a tank heater. I moved him to a bucket and set the temp to 77. Obviously, keeping him in a bucket is not ideal. However there's a possibility he may be like this for a week. I had to drain the tank due to the house temp dropping below freezing and the tank started to freeze. The tank is basically shot and I need to rebuild from scratch. Problem is, nothing here is open locally and nothing will be shipped for at least a week (according to Amazon). I will be taking the tank apart and starting over this weekend. Hopefully getting supplies as they arrive.
Problem is, I may have to keep this chromis in a small tank or bucket for an extended period of time.
Any advice I can get on how to keep him alive would be fantastic! I don't like seeing wild life perish, even if it's only a small chromis.
I tried an air stone in the bucket. But it's so small and noisy it freaked "œfrank" the fish out. So I took it out. Anything else I can do to keep Frank alive?

Think air pump is a must
Could you put an airline in without the stone and out a flow restrictor on (or even a knot if you don't have one) so that you can just have slow bubbles so not to freak him out.

Has he got hiding places?
Also some sort of filtration.

Perhaps if you look at it as if you are setting up emergency quarintine tank but without the meds as they are minimal systems.

Did you tank have a sump he could go into and might be better space wise than a bucket.

I use seachem stability to help keep water levels in check. But you could also use prime.

Watch out for evaporation and salinity with such a small amount of water.

Also regular (even daily)but small water changes

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Thank you! Ok yes I could probably take the stone off and restrict flow. Great idea. I'm reading some things about getting a small tank or rubber maid tub. As soon as my local Walmart opens back up. I'll go and see what they have. I'll also try and do some water changes as soon as my water gets turned back on. It's complete chaos here so I'll have to work with what I have. But great ideas and thank you! As for filtration. What kind of filtration could I set up in such a small tank?

Back