Help: Kessil a150w sky blue

drew11588

I just Received my kessil A150W sky blue and I noticed it did not look like the pictures I had seen online. It is very white, and not as bright as I thought. When I looked at the LEDs, I noticed one of them was not on. Did I get a defective unit? I did not think LEDs needed to warm up, so I did not leave it on for long. Is there some sort of break in period?
Also, does the color match the sky blue? or is it whiter than it should be? I would prefer a bit more blue, so if this is the normal color I might as well exchange it for the ocean blue.

Please don't judge the tank, this is a temporary set up

ALL pictures online will look different then in person because of the settings on your camera and the settings on your computer monitor. the sky blue should be 10k white. ocean blue is 12-14k and deep ocean blue is 20k deep blue. looks normal to me. the leds that arent lit are probably uv which we cant see to the naked eye.

ALL pictures online will look different then in person because of the settings on your camera and the settings on your computer monitor. the sky blue should be 10k white. ocean blue is 12-14k and deep ocean blue is 20k deep blue. looks normal to me. the leds that arent lit are probably uv which we cant see to the naked eye.

Thanks. i didn't think about the UV led:headwally:

10K is pretty white and what that picture looks like to me. Most people find 14k or 20k more pleasing.

Judging color online is pretty tuff but that looks right to me. It is a very white 10K looking light. I have the Ocean blue and it looks less bright but it really grows corals.

My A350Ws with both controls turned all the way up look very close to the ocean blue. Turn down the blue channel and you can easily achieve the sky blue look.

reefvet what kinda tank are you using the 350's on? I have a 24"x24"x30" deep and was thinking about getting 1-2 of the 360's but read that some people had problems getting their corals to grow with LED's Have any pics of your tank?

Back