Help Me with clove polyps!!!

jay2525

For whatever reason I can't seem to keep these guys alive. the mat/stolon seems to just weaken and disentergrate over time. For many they seem to be easy. But for me they just disappear over time. Please help.

Attachments

• CloveOrgangeTip3.jpg
    CloveOrgangeTip3.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 1
yeah mine too... that makes me feel a little better... lol

Mine have grown like weeds; I started with 3 polyps a few months ago, now I have over 50. But I also have a huge phosphate problem (0.5 ppm). I think they like "dirty" water. :(

Mine have grown like weeds; I started with 3 polyps a few months ago, now I have over 50. But I also have a huge phosphate problem (0.5 ppm). I think they like "dirty" water. :(

really! I've heard people who say they grow like that. any additives or anything else?

ive had best sucsess over the years where they are in a dedicated zoa/pally tank. dirty water with the addition of iodine...

ive had best sucsess over the years where they are in a dedicated zoa/pally tank. dirty water with the addition of iodine...

any acclimation process besides the norm. I got a wild colony with over 50 polyps. there still seem to be about 30 of them or so. And there are 10 or so just sitting in the sand near the rock.

i find wild colonies are a little more finiky... with all wild colonies i do a 4 hr drip acclimation compared to a 30-45 min drip if aquacultured

I have the same problem with GSP in my sps tank. I had reacquired a frag from my other mother colon of GSP. It one of the very first coral I ever bought. New the tank was young it did fine and grew fast. As the tank matured and the sps started to take off the GSP slowly died off. I think it is because GPS like a "dirtier" tank. I have some GSP in my 6 gallon nano that is skimmerless and they do great.

i have some nice cloves in our prop tank and there growing like weeds.under t5's and they are getting hammered with flow they seem too really like it.

I think they do a little better in "dirty water". That being said, The problem I had was my urchin. The bastard eats everything....

Back