Help mp40 emergency

VvGorgonia90vV

Hello so my MP40 is missing a tiny piece that goes between the propeller and like the cage thing that holds it together and it is making a very strange clicking sound and j am afraid to use it becahss it might break and injur fish the piece has been missing for a while but now the pump is starting to act up and with out the mp40 my tank will slowly start to overflow please ell is there ang way i can fix the mp 40 to make it not make the sound i am worried for my fish and coral and my only lfs id 30 minutes away and closed!!!

I understand that there is a piece missing, but when was the last time you took it apart and scrubbed it to remove built-up debris & algae? Mine tells me when it needs to be cleaned, because built-up debris always makes it shudder.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Hello everyone, so sorry for the late reply on such an urgent post but i got it working.. i had to take it apart and clean it.. it turns out it wasn't missing a piece, i was just looking at the wrong video lol .. but anyways as for the tank overflowing without the powerhead, i dont know how that happens but all i know is that without the powerhead the water level in the sump starts getting lower, and the tank slightly higher. My only guess to this is that the powerhead pushes water into the overflow, so that the rate of water going into the sump is the same as the pump pushing back in. I dont know.

Hello everyone, so sorry for the late reply on such an urgent post but i got it working.. i had to take it apart and clean it.. it turns out it wasn't missing a piece, i was just looking at the wrong video lol .. but anyways as for the tank overflowing without the powerhead, i dont know how that happens but all i know is that without the powerhead the water level in the sump starts getting lower, and the tank slightly higher. My only guess to this is that the powerhead pushes water into the overflow, so that the rate of water going into the sump is the same as the pump pushing back in. I dont know.

that is a disaster waiting to happen. i would advise addressing that ASAP. your tank/sump water levels should not change appreciably when turning powerheads on or off.

i have 2 MP40's in my tank. they can both be turned off as long as i wish without impacting water level.

that means your return pump is too strong for your overflow size. Has nothing to do with the mp40. smaller return pump or put a ball valve on your return to dial it back. as said above it is a disater waiting to happen

Back