Help! Mt frogspawn is dying one head at a time

About a week ago I started having one head every day or so on my 25 head colony shrink and then simply fall off. After several these I decided to break up the colony to see if I could isolate whatever it was and keep kit from spreading. I ended up with 3 pieces plus leaving a piece attached to the original location.

That seemed to work for a few days and then heads started dying one at a time again on one of three pieces I broke off until it died completely. Another day went by without incident and then I had a head dead on large frogspawn colony which is on the opposite end of the tank ....

Today, one head on the piece I left of the original colony is showing teh same signs. It has started to shrink and probably by tomorrow it will simply detach and die. I've attached a pic of that one ...

When they become detached they are still brightly colored, just shrunk up & the head detaches as a single unit almost like the colony is shedding ...

Anyone experience this before or know what i can do about it?

The only recent thing that has happened to the tank is that during hurricane Irma all the systems were shut down for about 7 hrs and then over the next 4 days the tank systems were off for about 4 hrs each day because I couldn't run the generator when I wasn't home. The tank temp got to a high of about 85 before I got the chiller running but that was about it. Nothing else in the tank seemed distressed (mostly LPS with a few small SPS & about 10 fish.

Attachments

• frogspawn.jpg
    frogspawn.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 0
Tagging along as I am having the same problem with mine which I have had for years with no issues.

The strange thing is that after the head dies off new baby polyps start growing off of the dead Skelton

Back