HELP!! My fish are being abducted!!

Hello,
Had a similar issue in a tank I had for years. We would have a smaller fish go missing from time to time. Later it was obvious something was killing the fish, and I found a mantis shrimp through some clever late night detective work. :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11406818#post11406818 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jasonh
dubya-tee-eff? How messed up is that.

man I still can't figure that out ......been looking at it for 20 minutes now :rolleye1:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11414728#post11414728 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by JMCAquarium
man I still can't figure that out ......been looking at it for 20 minutes now :rolleye1:

dubya=W
tee=T
eff=F

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11408812#post11408812 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Smo
You don't get it? Say it again, but a little slower this time.

That was by far the best spelling of an acronym to sneak it by the swear bots on many sites. Pure genius.

you can thank my wife for that :)

Thanks for the help folks

Littlefoot ...I didn't cuss at least not in that thread did I ?:rollface:

Last edited:
jerryz, how large were the wrasses that your brittle star ate? I had a 4" green coris wrasse that went missing without a trace, would a black brittle star w/ 2" body kill a wrasse that big?

What about red brittle stars, do they eat fish in tanks too? I also have one of those, but he's smaller with a body just under quarter sized.

I'd always been told that brittle stars were reef tank friendly, I didn't know that they might eat my fish. Maybe that was about the miniature brittle stars and not the 8" armed brittles.

Back