help, my tunze is beeping?

• Thread starter Deleted member 24321
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 24321

doing a water change and all of a sudden i hear a loud beeping sound. I thought it was outside but turns out it's my tunze, the actual blue box. Not sure if that's called a driver or not. Look in the tank and the tunze isn't working at all. So does that mean that the actual Tunze stream is bad? or the whole thing?
thanks,
Mark

it's the warning tone that something is wrong. most likely something is impeading the impeller. Try giving it a good cleaning.

I wound up turning it off for a while then back on and it now works
thanks for the reply

Ditto what szwab said. Usually means the impeller needs a good vinegar soak. Even though it's running again, you might want to check for calcium precipitates.

Not just the impeller, but the ring at the bottom AND the bottom of the impeller chamber need to be cleaned. Be careful removing that bottom ring ... use an o-ring remover tool (fancy name for a pick).

Usually as said above.

I had one that would beep and then stop. Always stopped before I could get to the top of the stand with a light source to figure out which of the 5 was alarming.

When it happened when I was standing next to the tank, I pulled it cleaned it thoroughly ( better than new no calcium build up ) and then tested it in a bucket . Same thing,

Turns out motor block was going out, back to Tunze for replacement.

Back