Help noob with "Leather Coral" ID

grimlykindo

I just got this piece of LR on the cheap with some button polyps and what the guy said was a "leather coral" - searching online pics it doesn't really look like any of the leather corals I found online...Any input is appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_0754.jpg
    IMG_0754.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 0
I thought I would note that in the very center of it there is a mouth looking piece that is pink instead of dark purple like the rest of the coral. Sometimes it looks open - other times it looks closed.

Also, there is a couple "baby" ones behind it on the rock - they look exactly the same, only alot smaller.

Thanks for the replys! - can anybody tell me if it looks healthy? I have only had it for a week and and its positioned towards the bottom of my 40G breeder. Lighting is 4x39W T5, 2 actinic, 2 10k. 8 hour photo period

Thanks for the replys! - can anybody tell me if it looks healthy? I have only had it for a week and and its positioned towards the bottom of my 40G breeder. Lighting is 4x39W T5, 2 actinic, 2 10k. 8 hour photo period

Looks healthy to me. IME they like light, so make sure it's out in the open (ie: not shaded). Toward the bottom of the tank should be fine.

Back