Help....nova extreme....fan not working

Yea, no problems with the fan not working, the unit just gets hot. You can go to Radio Shack and get a new one. Just put in a computer fan.

I've run the 2x54w for 3 years with the fan off without any problems.

I belive the 2x54w nova extreme has design to allow in air w.o. Fan.

The screws are rusted, can't replace fan...lol...Btw costed me $25 with 4 old bulbs.

So unit would heat...would it explode?
Thx

Fans Broken

Fans Broken

I would get the small double fan that mounts on the edge of tank.Dr Fosters and Smith.com,Or set up regular fan pointed at lihgt and water surface until you get the add on fan....Good Luck!!! Happy Reefing!!:artist:

I have a Nova Extreme, and one thing I've noticed is that the fan is VERY loud. Has anyone successfully replaced the fan with a quieter, better one? I can't imagine that Current USA uses the best of the best quality.

I have a Nova Extreme, and one thing I've noticed is that the fan is VERY loud. Has anyone successfully replaced the fan with a quieter, better one? I can't imagine that Current USA uses the best of the best quality.

I've replaced the fan in my Orbit PC hood with a computer case fan, here's the thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1867953

pm me if you go ahead with the computer fan case, I've got lots of recs for the install.

Couldn't open screws....rusted and won't budge....anyway I can remove the fan?
Btw fan works only when blade pushed.
2011-05-07_19-06-54_600.jpg

Back