help ph went up to 9

JohnKoz1234

New member
two days ago i overdose alk, and ph went up to 9 for sometime .I lost big milli the size of diner plate.What is the next i should do, the rest is doesn't look to good either.thanks (120gal sps tank)
 
Last edited:

JohnKoz1234

New member
i just started using profilux i put wrong amount of alk. (recipe 1) After 4 years of work one mistake and all goes to the garbage .It only went up for 15min and came down to 8.2
 
Last edited:

disc1

-RT * ln(k)
I wasn't talking about ammonia. I was saying to do a water change to take out the overdose.
 

JohnKoz1234

New member
overdose was done two days ago everything is back to normal.Just wondering if day by day i ll be loosing more .....because the rest sps don't look happy
 

disc1

-RT * ln(k)
Oh, I must have missed that part. I don't know how the coral will react. Was there any precipitation when the overdose occured and the pH spiked? Any chance the corals got "snowed" on?
 

disc1

-RT * ln(k)
If that big milli went up in two days I would be scared. If the pH only went up for a few minutes there might be more to it. Could it's death be affecting the others?
 

bertoni

Premium Member
The corals might have been irritated, or there might be some water qualities issue due to the coral dying. I'd just run some fresh carbon and watch the ammonia level.
 
Top