HELP Right NOW Please!!

TOURKID

New divers den nem in my new 90. keeps FLOATING around. turned off the two tunzes left intake from sump on. DO I LET IT FLOAT? or keep catching it and setting it on the rocks???

Im watching it so it wont get chopped. it will NOT settle.

Advise please fast. Its not gaping sick looking etc. just FLOATING

If it were me, and I had the time, I would leave the flow going and just watch vigilantly until it settles on its own. If you move it somewhere and then turn on you flow, it may not like that area and move again. This is what I have done with both of my anemonies. HTH

Steve

Can you do the strawberry basket trick, or is it too big?
Something similar?
Souds like waterflow is tossing around b4 attaching more than wandering.

Personally, I'd try to shelter it until it attaches, either by putting it in an enclosure of some sort (large PVC pipe, rock bowl, whatever), or by shutting off most of the water movement. Once it attaches, you can then turn everything back on/remove the rock barrier/whatever. Yes, the anem may not like the new flow and may want to move, but generally it will stay attached as it moves.

FWIW,
Kevin

I remeber now that w/ one of my nems I scooped a little sand hole and placed 2 LR pieces on each side to shelter from flow till it attached.
Good luck.

arg. I read the first two posts. plugged all the pumps on and let it float, that was a disaster, (how does a nem get sucked towards an intake (water pushing out the spout)

well anyway, its got 1 big rock on the sand, covered with a speggetti strainer (a cool one for salad, bigger flow holes)

with a rock holding the basket down.

all pumps are on now. and its trapped. (its a pretty low flow area, it stayed in this spot all day today.. (well, close to this spot)

Its really sticky and hasent gaped its mouth at all, the current in my tank is REALLY strong. (a mag 9 in the sump split for 2 intakes, and two tunze turnbelle 6100's)

ha..not sure. but it appearsmy gbta might move. i dont think one will go floating though, and two clowns are sleeping in it. I wish the lil one was getting hosted right now, i think it helps settle them :(

so a strawberry basket all night will b ok?

strawberry container works great. if the PH's are covered i wouldnt worry. why not turn the tunzes off and let the tank just have the flow from the return?

my pumps arent covered. even if they were, a lil floating anemone would still get stuck to the screen, the over flow ect, I thought about turning off the tunzes but then my large gbta wouldent get almost any flow and it isent moving yet lol

TOURKID, if you want to temporarily downgrade your pumps, I can help you. I have a couple of the 6000 transformers. Do you have them dialed way down as well?

Can you put a slit sponge over the powerhead intakes?

I've had luck with nems by piling up rock into a deep cone, like an ice cream cone hollow, and steering the nem into it. It won't attach to everything it can touch, but may take shelter there, pick a couple of rocks, and then settle.

well its morning, the light isent on yet but it doeseent look like it attached to the rock. Ill find out in about an hour

rokle..only 1 of mine have the controller. but i dident even think about turning it down. but if i do the other pump will seem stronger. the gbta dident move, it seems happy, so i dont want to mess with it either. Ill see whats up soon.

hm. I still have my two tunze nanos. I could make that work i guess. but.. arg. two nems is a pita.

Last edited:
ok it attached *yay*

Its never going to stay there im sure but hopefully now that it has a grip it'll just walk and not float.

Lost my candycanes lastnight. they fell on my acans... bummer.

all fish are alive, and the gbta looks good *whoo*

DSCF2340.jpg

this hobbie stresses me out sometimes lol

Glad to hear it's doing better.

On the pumps, I assume you have the small single controller. You can get a tunze splitter that will allow that one to control both pumps.

As well, you can adjust the power without the controller. Look on the little gray box. There is a little phillips screw that you can adjust. NOTE: If your powerhead is plugged into a controller, this MUST be turned to full.

rokle.. really??? I would love that!!! right now im unplugging one when i feed, and use the feed button on the other.

can you show me what it is? like a marine depot link or somthing? how much? I have the lil grey box your talking about but i never touched the screw better left not messed with lol

There is also a lil round brown thing thats connected to the grey box, donno what it is. gets warm though.

the actual controller says tunze 7091 single controller

gsm.. yep.. and its about as bubbled as when i got it today. the maroons havent re-found it yet. they are busy making sandstorms around the gbta. guess its to close to the bottom for em. her scrapes look better. the eye one healed, and shes got 2 lil wounds left. she kept biting rocks i was moving. Ill take more pics later but heres a full tank shot i took this morning

DSCF2342.jpg

Thanks. 1/2 thaat rock ive had over a year so it covered quite a bit.

Lighting? 2 250 watt mh's that I THINK are 14K. but they are the bulbs that came with it so im not entirely sure. and the T5's I let my lfs pick out for me, And I cant remember what those are either. Everyone keeps asking too. :( lol Its a great color though. I want to replace the mh's in a month or so. dont know what to do, 10k, or 14.. what brand either. I used hamilton b4 but may try reflux

Back