Help setting up an Octopus Extreme 200

MargieInAZ

I just purchased a new Octopus Extreme 200 and the instructions that came with it are really bad. I'm looking for a step-by-step build thread or something like that, that would show me how to hook it up.
I'm fairly new to reefing and don't have a great understanding of how I'm supposed to do it, photos would really help.
Right now, I'm not even understanding how I hook up the intake.
And do the pipes that came with the unit just fit together through friction, pushing them together by hand, or do I need to use some pvc cement?
If you know any links of threads you can send me to, that would be terrific.
I have looked myself, done searches, and I'm just not easily finding instructions for putting this thing together.
Thanks!

everything is press fit. dont glue any of it. you should be able to look at the picture that comes with it and get a pretty good idea of how it goes together. the pump simply uses the union on the outlet of the pump to attach itself to the skimmer body. god luck and post a picof how far you made it and we can go from there.

I think I have the skimmer itself put together from the instructions and the photo on the box. But I thought I also needed to hook up a pump to feed water into it, or plumb it into the the overflow drain. That's the part I'm stuck on. Is it necessary to have a feeder pump? Or if it just sits in the sump, will the sicce pump pull the water into it? That's what I don't have a good understanding of.

Okay Thanks!
After reading about 20 pages on the octx club last night, I was getting that impression, LOL.
They really need to have someone redo their instruction manual that comes with the unit!
Thanks again.

Back