Help wiring a MH ballast

GrampaDon

Getting couple 150w Reeflex ballast's
And I will need to bypass the factory plugin. So can someone tell me the minimum wire size I need between the ballast and light.?
The length should be under 10ft per light.

Why not go with the full length, and then cord tie it up if you need it shorter for this application that way you have the length down the road if you need it.

You misunderstand. I dont want to use readymade cords so thats why Im asking for help.

It seems the standard cord is 14g [which is rated for 20amps] So im seeking advice because im wondering if 20-16g is something that will work without burning down the house.

I would use the largest possible, and I would definitely not use less than 14g. What would you be gaining by going with less gauge?

I would use the largest possible, and I would definitely not use less than 14g. What would you be gaining by going with less gauge?

Why not just cut the end off and use the wire it came with

James--with the ballasts remote. I need 5 wire runs to the fixture. Im just looking to decrease the wire diameter as much as possible to reduce the wire bundle size.

bader--I'm not sure they come with a light cord attached to the ballast. If it does then my problem will be solved.< saving money is good.

I appreciate the replys. But im asking for specific info about DIY in the DIY section. Any advice about using a smaller gauge wire safely.?

Back