Help with accessing Apex from outside home network

crvz

Team RC
Hey folks,

When I had my linksys WRT54G wireless router, I had my Apex hooked up to it and I had no issues. I could use the aquanotes app or plug my home IP address into a browser at work and it would pull right up. But that router cooked, and I went to a different brand. I bought a Medialink Wireless-N router (the MWN-WAPR150N, to be precise), and I cannot figure out what the settings need to be to get it to redirect me to the APEX from outside the home network.

In aquanotes, I have it configured to go to the cable modem IP address (given to me by comcast), and if I am at the house and on the wireless network it works no problem. But if I turn wireless off and just use the cell data, or if I'm on a different wireless network (such as at work), it gives me error 503 (and it doesnt work in a web browser away from home either).

Can someone coach me through what I'm missing? I'm at a loss. Let me know what further details you need on my router configuration to see where I've goofed it.

I would post on the Neptune Support Forum. You will get a quicker response and there are some very knowlegable folks over there. I pretty sure it has to do with port forwarding. I was able to get all the help I needed there to get mine set up.

,,, I bought a Medialink Wireless-N router (the MWN-WAPR150N, to be precise), and I cannot figure out what the settings need to be to get it to redirect me to the APEX from outside the home network.,,,.

Look on about page 48 of the manual for that router - where it discusses 'port forwarding'. That's what you need to set up. Between your router's manual and the Neptune Reference Guide, I think it's all there.

Back