asudavew

I ordered two BTAs from Petco.

Both were delayed in shipping by 1 day.
(thank you UPS......)

One looked great.
Still had some color.
Hugh bubble tips.
And it was attached to the bag.

The other one, I assume, ejected its algae. It was bleached.
It was floating in the bag. The water was murky. There was stuff floating in it. I honestly thought it was dead.
But I acclimated it anyway, turned off my powerheads, and put it in a promising corner. That was Friday.

Today, I get to work and the clowns are loving it. But it is not sticky at all. It's white, and it looks strange.

This would be my 4th anemone but it sure looks strange for a BTA.
(In my limited experience.)

I could use some opinions and advice.
I think it will need some help to survive.
I tried feeding it this morning and food wouldn't even stick to it.
I do have Cipro available if needed.

Anemone in the bag:

pictures upload

windows screenshot

anemone today - 3 days after receiving it

free upload

image hosting no registration

how to do a screen shot

image url upload

Hi,

The anemone pictured is a bta, and it is bleached. Not the end of the world as yours appears in good shape (besides the fact it is bleached) but it will need good lighting, extra feedings, and good parameters to make a full recovery. IME btas aren't all that sticky, and sometimes they aren't stick at all. I would offer food again in another week, something like mysis or small pieces of krill.

Hi,

The anemone pictured is a bta, and it is bleached. Not the end of the world as yours appears in good shape (besides the fact it is bleached) but it will need good lighting, extra feedings, and good parameters to make a full recovery. IME btas aren't all that sticky, and sometimes they aren't stick at all. I would offer food again in another week, something like mysis or small pieces of krill.

Thanks.
I've been doing the extra feedings and added 2 more 54watt bulbs to my setup.

It seems to be holding its own now.
And looks more like a BTA to me.:bounce3:

Back