help with jebao wp25 and apex.

asgrande

As the title say I need a little halp with this. I have an apex lite with a vdm. And a jebao wp25 I got the jebao cable for the reefangel and wire it for the apex. As of right now the only thing it will do is turn the pump on full blast on constant. What could be the problem? And what are some good profiles and program for the pump on the apex. And i don't know if my power supply is the right one or if I need a different one. It is just a brick with the prongs sticking out and the other end has the jebao connection. Please advise

Ok. Why would you say the wiring? And with the apex I'm still tryi g to figure out how to do it. I made a profile and have it ramping between 0-30% over a second. And then for the port I just have it where if this time to that time then pf1.

I'm no help here but I'm tagging in for the answer. I have two wp40s that I want to hook up to the apex.

May I ask where you purchased the reef angel cable?

post your code here, or on the ra form , its gotta be something in your code

agreed, my pumps work great off the apex. However, if the cat5 cable was not wired right, nothing you do to the apex will help. As far as I know, if it doesnt receive a signal from the Apex, the pump will run at 100% which is what is going on. So its either incorrect wiring or bad code. Either way it is easily fixable so post up and we can help.

I would change the values a little and see how that works.

- First, these pumps don't behave very well with very low speeds so bump the 30 to 40 just to try a few things. That said, I think 30 should work ok and be the lowest, that's what tunze recommends so I would apply the same to Jebao to be safe.

- I would change initial time off to 0, and move up On time to 7 and Off time to 4. You need to play with those numbers to tune a wave if that's what you want to achieve.

Right now you are telling the pump to be on for 0.1 seconds and off 0.1 seconds (you have divide by 10 on) and back on and so on. I think that is too low and just making the pump run constantly.

Also, I would change the code to:
Fallback Off
Set Wave1

Last edited:
I agree with what ganjero said. However, I am not sure if these pumps run off the "pump" profile. I never had much luck with mine so mine run on "ramp" profiles. Coding is more time consuming but it works.

As far as the cable goes, i dont know what # the cables are but it should be :
orange/white is positive and orange is negative for V1 or V3
blue/white is positive and green is negative for V2 or V4

make a ramp profile that ramps to, say, 60% to 60% over 1 minute and set your variable port to that profile. If the pump slows down then your cables work but the pump profiles dont. If that doesnt work then your cables are wrong.

Back