Help with overflow setup

sasq40

Long story short, bought a used tank in a dark dungy garage, was told it was like new, only 2 years old, and was foolish and believed them. Got home and in good lighting found it pretty scratched and the bulkheads leaked. Jumped on it quicker then i should have since i have a odd place i want the tank that is 68" wide, so when a 60x24x30 tank showed up i thought it was a sign lol.

Anyways its was setup as fresh water so i was planning on switching some things up anyways. Checked last night and none of the glass is tempered. Found a local tank builder who will change out the front glass cheap and drill some holes and make a overflow box. What is going to be my quietest setup for the tank?
aHqiJUW.jpg
u2VMS5M.jpg

im thinking maybe bean overflow in the middle with using 2 of the 4 existing holes for returns? existing holes are 35mm, so should be able to fit 3/4 schedule 40 bulkheads according to brs chart.what size holes should be for the drain lines? i should be able to bottom drill as well for those right?(glass doesn't appear to be tempered on the bottom)

Use 1" piping for drains. With 3/4" returns you will not be able to run a high flow pump.
I am going to recommend a Varios brand Dc pump, this way you can adjust the flow by pressing a button.

Use 1" piping for drains. With 3/4" returns you will not be able to run a high flow pump.
I am going to recommend a Varios brand Dc pump, this way you can adjust the flow by pressing a button.

I have the ecotech pump sitting in a box I was gonna use on my old tank that crashed. What about using all 4 of the 3/4 returns? Or would it be better just capping those and getting a bigger return?

Back