help with torch coral

manvsalt

My torch coral has not recovered from a bad ammonia spike a few weeks ago.the polyps have swollen and have resided to almost the tip of the skeleton,the tentacles are really short and fat and its bin that way for about two weeks. All water parameters are perfect and all other corals are back to normal. Is this the end for this really good specimen of a torch or is there anything i can do to help i? I really dont want to lose it!. Any advice would be really appreciated. Thanks

All water parameters are perfect

tells us absolutely nothing. without knowing what parameters you are measuring, what their levels are, and other associated information about your tank, such as lighting and flow, any advice offered would be pure conjecture.

please tell us what you are measuring, what the levels you see are, and how the tank is set up.

tells us absolutely nothing. without knowing what parameters you are measuring, what their levels are, and other associated information about your tank, such as lighting and flow, any advice offered would be pure conjecture.

please tell us what you are measuring, what the levels you see are, and how the tank is set up.
+1 testing your paramters is your first line of defense.

Whenever i hear or read someone say or write that the water parameters are/were perfect, it resonates to me as "hey i didn't test anything,but the salinity it good"

Whenever i hear or read someone say or write that the water parameters are/were perfect, it resonates to me as "hey i didn't test anything,but the salinity it good"

+1 I mean the water is clear, has salt in it, and is at right temp. What else does one need to know lol

I don't want to pile on....but perfect to one coral/invert/fish in your tank may not be ideal to another. That is why it is helpful to know the water specifics.

Sorry guys i should have been more specific. Im currently at work an dont want to guesstimate, i have the levels written down at home an will upload when i get home. I tested nitrates,nitrites,phosphate,ammonia,calcium,magnesium,ph,alk, specific gravity ect (from reliable test kits) i have 2 55w t5s and 3 14w led strips, the tank is a rsm130D with chaetomorpha in the back under a 45w bulb,stock skimmer with rock rubble and bio balls. Checked the levels against a online reef database and according to that they are fine?

have you been hand-feeding your torch at all? sprinkler some krill over the heads and see if it will eat them.

To be honest iv had it for about 4 months its allways looked really healthy but never been a good feeder,but now the tentacles look to short to feed? They've got from about 3 inches to 5mm

sometimes i've had euphyllia "tense up" or contract due to higher than optimal flow, or lower than optimal alkalinity.

if it's been in for about four months, are there any other recent changes?

The only things iv done differently in that time is a got about 15g of salted ro from a different shop and started to dose a multi vitamin supplement called vitazin? I forgot to mention something very important...just before the torch started goin down hill all my fish died overnight (about 7 fish) since then iv done four 50% water changes aswell as a weekly 10% and run extra carbon

did you figure out why your fish died? typically if fish are dieing, coral will be just as impacted if not more-so.

sounds like either ammonia, salinity change or something got in the water that shouldn't have.

how long have you had this tank up and running?

If you want water good for a torch, my sig line has parameters that grow that class of coral pretty well. See where you are relative to that.

i don't think y'all are referring to my post, but I am actually wondering the answers to my questions, OP:

did you figure out why your fish died? typically if fish are dieing, coral will be just as impacted if not more-so.

sounds like either ammonia, salinity change or something got in the water that shouldn't have.

how long have you had this tank up and running?

Back