help!!

[17]shawn[17]

i have 2 2.5" maximas that have been doing great for 1 over 8 months the other about a year yesterday the one that been around for 8 months detached from its rock and fell over i put it back this morning it was dead now this evening my other had detached im scared its next, help!!

i also have 2 large croceas about 6" that are going great
anyideas of whats happenng??

can you list your water params?

fish / invert list? ( if different than your byline )

any new additions? or new products being dosed??

pic?

pH 7.9-8.1
ca 450 (its alwase high)
Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate 0 (as far as i can tell)

about 3 weeks ago i changed my lamp but i used 3 layes or window screen removing one every 4 days nothin was bothered
i started running rowaphos about 3 weeks ago also
i add kent trace elements and seachem Reef Calcium just a couple drops every 2 weeks

i have 2 clowns a small hermit and a couple snails,i just found my clowngoby nice and crusty behind the tank :( he must of jumped lastnight i will get pics of my tank and the clams asap

did you notice any changes after starting the rowa?? ( clam mantle )

do you run carbon?

have you looked for pyram snails after lights out?? ( less likely because of the amount of time with the clams.

i do not run carbon
when i started the rowa there was no change the water was cloudy and they all stayed half open for the day but the following day they were fine and open
i have not looked for pyram snails but i inspected the dead clam for any preditors and there didnt seem to be any just a couple nassarius snails checkin it out

do the rest of them look normal now?

the rowa is a point of interest because there has be a connection made between Fe ( iron, rowa is Fe based ) and pinched mantle ( protozoa ). PM will kill a clam but there are usually symptoms ( thats why i asked about changes in the mantle and for pics ) and removing the source of Fe and running carbon will usually reverse the symptoms. as a last resort ( and usually a full cure ) a FWD can be done but it is very stressful and usually the clam is already under stress.

i am not saying this is what you have and i am not suggesting any treatment at this time, just some info :)

try to post a top down pic of the rest of your clams and you can take a look at my thread, when i had to deal with PM

click me

Back