Help!!!!

adam82

has anyone ever noticed amphipods eating their zoas?

i have had my zoas for over a year still to this day they are big and open when i get home but i noticed day by day polyps missing. i turned on my little red led light last night and my frag disc was covered in pods. they looked to be chomping at the stalk of my zoas.

im i just going crazy?

I had amphipod infestation and they ran out of natural goodies to eat so they started eating my zoas. I ended up taking the zoas out until the pod population declined. Hope u can find a night feeding fish that will eat them....let us know what u find...sd

i think that may be my problem. do yellow wrasses feed at night? would one be ok in a 20L?

the bad thing is that i don't have a qt tank to put anything in or anywhere to keep one at the moment.

Adam,

Are you sure they are amphipods and not isopods ?
Some isopods are not reef safe.

Most wrasses sleep under the sand at night. But they are great hunters during the day. I had a Coris Formosa for a while and that bugger would flip small rocks all the time looking for pods.

just make sure the tank is covered as my little yellow wrasse was my only fish that jumped out of the tank..

Back