Here's one I bet you didn't know

I doubt that the tax is in the shipping because you also see "some" that do charge tax and it clearly states that you are. Such as sellers that say if you live in Florida, they have to charge tax. It doesn't change the shipping charge. You then get both.

Did you also see they are raising the cost to renew your Drivers Liscense at the end of the month? So if yours expires in the next year renew it before the end of the month and save yourself about 40$!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15461433#post15461433 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by JorgeH17
Yes I do know about the no sales tax online nd that's bkus they charge it in the shipping included...

Sorry but definitely NO!

Shipping would never include tax, as they just get a quote of how much shipping is to where from the shipping vendor. You could send someone a box of air or a $100,000 diamond coated watch, and fedex nor the feds would be any the wiser.

It's not bogus that they ask you to kindly pay your taxes on items that you bought out of state, it's perfectly sensible. I don't think it's reasonable, but it's sensible on their part, especially in this time of economic difficulties. Keep in mind how slow the government reacts to things..... The government really hasn't yet even felt the worst of the economic impact, as they're still writing up budgets and whatnot for the next year.

The thing I loved watching was the second amazon caught wind of a state even thinking about charging a state-to-state sales tax, Amazon IMMEDIATELY pulled ANY of their affiliate retailers out of their site, briefly apologized and explained why they did it, and moved on. A LOT of people got SCREWED if they had a business entirely on Amazon, but the rules are the rules, and when you sign ANY release document, you're signing someone else's rules. Just because they're on the internet doesn't mean that they aren't real rules....

Its actually very simple for the state to keep track of sales tax from state to state all they would actually have to do is require any businesses licensed in their state doing e business online sales to report sales records, the business doing the sale wouldn't actually have to charge the tax for an out of state transaction but a record of the sale could be recorded and made public to the state where the transaction went and then on a state by state basis if they wanted they could send out billing if they wanted.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15462699#post15462699 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mrx66699
Its actually very simple for the state to keep track of sales tax from state to state all they would actually have to do is require any businesses licensed in their state doing e business online sales to report sales records, the business doing the sale wouldn't actually have to charge the tax for an out of state transaction but a record of the sale could be recorded and made public to the state where the transaction went and then on a state by state basis if they wanted they could send out billing if they wanted.

That would be the day I shoot myself... If I had to come up with every customer I have had every month, get there information together and send it to all appropriate states, do you know how much time that will take away from taking care of my own business and how much money that would cost?

If they really wanted to get paid on these taxes, other than the taxes they are already being paid, they need to get out of the ice age and come up with better rules and a much more sophisticated program... 10 years ago...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15462699#post15462699 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mrx66699

Don't think for a moment that there aren't people working hard to figure out how to tax interstate sales. The more sales move to the internet the more revenue is lost for individual states. 20 years ago there was mail order but it was puny compared to now.

Check this sample out

It's coming, it's probably just a matter of when :confused:

Back