Hippo tang white patch around mouth area

flamehawk2

Noticed a white patch looking mark on right side of cheek area. Does anyone have an idea what this is? He’s not scratching and eating normal so far....thx!

I have tried at nauseam to figure out how to download a pic on this forum and have never been able to. All other forums I have no problem but this one is impossible for me to figure out....thought I was pretty computer literate until I tried to download a pic on this site....pretty antiquated and doesn’t seem to want to work with my iPad.....

Anyway the best I can do is describe it....it’s a noticeable white patch in the cheek and nostril area of the right side of face. It has no depth to it at all...it’s a thin patch....would appreciate someone help.. thx

Last edited:
Well as fate and luck would have it, this morning the white patch is gone. This hobby and the animals never cease to amaze....

Couldn't see the picture, but if it's what I think it is, it always goes away. Happens a lot with hippo and purple tangs, more in the morning or after they've been scared. I think it's where they hold their bodies agains the rocks for an extended period of time. Good luck!

I couldn't post the pic. This forum requires that you develop a URL for the pic by first dragging pic to another vehicle. Very antiquated compared with other forums where it is easy to post pic directly from your photo library. Anyway seems like all is well now with hippoQ1 thx...

Back